Evan A. Los, M.D.
I was born in St. Louis, Missouri, and grew up in Portland, Oregon. Having just recently moved to Johnson City, I’m excited to find out more about East Tennessee, especially in regards to hiking trails and community events. However, I’m most enthusiastic about further developing the pediatric endocrinology and diabetes clinic to better meet the needs of this area. I grew up needing to see a pediatric endocrinologist regularly, so I find great fulfillment in turning something that could have dragged me down into a way to build others up. It is a privilege to step into the lives of kids and their families and getting to know them as they grow and thrive. I feel lucky to wake up each day and know that my job is to help kids feel better. My wife, Laura, and I have been married for 10 years, and our son and daughter are absolute delights. We love family bike rides, playing in the park and spontaneous dance parties. I also enjoy home-brewing and cooking new meals with my family as a way to relax.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Fellowship: Dorenbecher Children's Hospital - Portland Oregon (Pediatric Endocrinology)
- Residency: Oregon Health Sciences University
- Medical Degree: Oregon Health Sciences University
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatric Endocrinology
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Niswonger Children’s Hospital
- Johnson City Medical Center