Jon W. Jones, M.D.
Dr. Jones went to the University of Georgia for undergraduate and the Medical College of Georgia for his M.D. degree graduating in 1986. He did a residency in General Surgery at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL and completed a Fellowship in Transplantation Surgery at the University of Minnesota in 1993. He then practiced General and Transplant Surgery at the University of Louisville, Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, Johnson City Medical Center, and Rutgers University before moving to Alexander City Alabama to practice Rural General Surgery in 2013. Dr. Jones returned to the Department of Surgery at ETSU in November 2017.
Dr. Jones practices a broad spectrum of general surgery with special interests in dialysis access for renal failure, hernia, breast, and hepatobiliary surgery. He is trained in open, laparoscopic, and robotic surgical techniques for complex abdominal surgery. Dr. Jones also has an interest in resident and medical student education and in clinical surgical research.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Fellowship: Transplant Surgery, Immunology Fellowship, 1992-1993
- Residency: General Surgery , University of South Alabama, Mobile Alabama, 1986-1991
- MD Degree: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia
- American Board of Surgery
- ACLS Da Vinci Robotic Surgery
- Johnson City Medical Center, Johnson City, TN
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Mountain Home, TN
Laughlin Memorial Hospital, Greeneville, TN
Franklin Woods Community Hospital, Johnson City, TN
Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport, TN